- Keep your flowers in a cool place until you can get them in a flower food solution. Don't forget how important it is to follow the mixing directions on the flower food packet.
- Fill a clean (washed with a detergent or antibacterial cleaning solution), deep vase with water and add flower food.
- Remove leaves that will be below the waterline. Leaves in water will promote bacterial microbial growth that may limit water uptake by the flower.
- Re-cut stems at an angle by removing one to two inches with a sharp knife or garden scissors.
- Place the flowers in the vase solution you've prepared.
- Refresh the water every couple days and follow the same procedure as describe above.